Tuesday, December 8, 2020

Progress On My Second Novel

The main problem in my second novel is drawing out the female protagonist. She is 21, admitted to a psych ward of a hospital after a suicide attempt. She's resistant to the stringent rules in the unit like wearing scrubs, attending group sessions, and signing a document where she promises not to hurt herself while she's a patient.

She refuses to share with the staff, the psychiatrist, and during group sessions. All she will admit is that she's had a lousy life. Her mother never wanted her, her kid brother died from a heroin overdose, and she has no reason to go on living.

Her physical description has me baffled. All I see in my mind is blonde hair with dark roots. Can't picture her face, her body type, or what she wears when not in scrubs. She has a cashier job at a small local market where she is fairly satisfied. But she is one angry girl in a psych unit she calls a prison.

Stay tuned for progress on fleshing out Lindsay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress On My Second Novel

The main problem in my second novel is drawing out the female protagonist. She is 21, admitted to a psych ward of a hospital after a suicide...