Friday, July 19, 2013

Dialogue Exercise

Write a dialogue between two people.  Pick an example:
·         “Are you listening to me?” 
·         “You always . . .” 
·         “I’ll never forgive you.” 
·         “Don’t worry about it.”  
·         “I may be an alcoholic, but I’m not a racist.” 
·         “Don’t start with me.” 
·         “I thought you wanted children.” 
·         “But you promised!” 
·         “What is this all about?” 
·         “Now I’ll never get the job!”  
·         “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”
·         “Do you want to talk about it?” 
·         “I’ve got a dress just like that.  How much did you pay for yours?”
·          “Just don’t take me for granted.”
·         “Get over it.”

·         “You don’t seem excited, that’s all I’m sayin.’”  

catherine@catherinealexander.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress On My Second Novel

The main problem in my second novel is drawing out the female protagonist. She is 21, admitted to a psych ward of a hospital after a suicide...